The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Thursday, November 19, 2015

ANOTHER BIRTHDAY

Today was your birthday. I was working today when Pandora played the song "Yellow".  How could it be a coincidence? I realized it's getting easier to hear this song.  I felt the lump in my throat and the tears swelling in my eyes, but I decided to think of how much I love you instead of how much I miss you. It helped get me though. You fill me.



Look at the stars
look how they shine for you
and all the things you do

And you were all yellow




No comments:

Post a Comment